A number of student projects are undertaken each year in co-operation with the postgraduate students and staff. These are primarily undertaken as a part of the aircraft design course during the final year of the M.Sc. education. These projects are often highly appreciated by the students as they involve both theoretical and practical work. In the aircraft design course all the theoretical work to design a real aircraft is undertaken, and to close the loop a subscale demonstrator is manufactured in the lab by the students, and finally flight tested. Below is a list of recent projects.
Student Design Projects
- 2015 - "ReWright" - continuation of the ReWright project.
- 2014 - "ReWright" - Design of a human powered aircraft.
- 2013 - "MIDJET" - a single seat, low cost, personal jet.
- 2012 - "Flying Testbed" - a convertable layout demonstrator intended for aerodynamic/stability and control measurements.
- 2012 - "Flip-Flop" - a flapping stiff wing demonstrator.
- 2011 - "Fire detection" UAV and Solar powered UAV.
- 2010 - Eco Sport Plane (fuel cell powered) , and "Freewing" UAV.
- 2009 - Solar powered motorglider.
- 2008 - Flexwing projet - Design competition between 3 groups to build a morphing wing aircraft.
- 2007 - "Raven" Medivac/Buisness Jet.
- 2006 - "Munin" - VTOL UAV.
- 2005 - "Manta" search and rescue UAV.
- 2004 - Backpack MAV "PinkWidow" and "BlackSquare".
- 2003 - "Frau-Elster" - A flapping wing concept.
- 2002 - "LiTHFlax" - Ornithopter flapping wing challange. Competition between 4 teams.
- 2001 - LUCAS subscale unmanned combat air vehicle.
- 2000 - "LocalHawk", instrumented model aircraft.
- 1999 - Sunriser solar powered flying wing.
- 1998 - FedUp Express jet freighter.
- 1997 - Vectoria, a fighter with thust vectotoring for STOL capabilities.
A list of available aerospace courses offerd at the Flumes divisdion can be found here.
Last updated: Mon Apr 11 11:00:31 CEST 2016