Welcome to the division of
Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The division Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PIE) performs research, education and executive education in three main areas:
- industrial project- and innovation management, especially the interplay between technological development, product and solutions development, industrialization processes and production
- industry dynamics, especially renewal in mature sectors
- business development and entrepreneurship, especially early development of knowledge intensive businesses.
Currently the division is staffed with two full professors, two associate professors, six assistant professors (PhDs), one junior lecturer and three PhD students.
Research is conducted both within two large research programmes - HELIX and KITE - and within a number of smaller research projects (see the menu to the left).
Our courses combine elements of personal developement, entrepreneurship and early development processes, leadership and project management with studies in companies and research-based analyses of organisational forms and management methods. Our profile courses are:
- Product development and innovation management (TEIO02), 12 ECTS credits
- Project-based organisation and management (TEIO07), 6 ECTS credits
- Leadership organisational change(TEIO13), 6 ECTS credits
- Innovative entrepreneurship (TEIO06), 6 ECTS credits
- Entrepreneurship and new business development(TEIO09), 6 ECTS credits
- Innovative entrepreneurship and new business planning (TEIO16, 6 ECTS credits)
Advanced education and "the third task"
PIE has the ambition to support industrial and governmental organisations as well as organisations such as incubators and industry organizations that in different ways are involved in project, innovation and entrepreneurial processes. This is achieved in close cooperation with companies in our research projects and executive training programmes, but also by actively disseminating research results. Examples of these activities are executive courses, workshops and seminars and by taking part of the ongoing debate in popular press.
With in the area of project management, we provide advanced management courses in leading companies such as ABB, Ericsson, Saab and TetraPak, both wihin Sweden's only executive master for project managers, PMEX, and in the yearly programme Advanced Project Management at Scania in Södertälje.
Within the field of entrepreneurship, the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) manages a number of programmes and activities designed to support knowledge-intensive firms at the local, national and international arena. CIE is the founder of the Entrepreneurship programme (ENP), which has spread to several places in Sweden. Through CIE, the division is also linked up with SMIL - a regional network of hundreds of firms which all have a background at Linköpings universitet.
- David Rosell, Lisa Melander och Nicolette Lakemond have received John Bessant's Best Paper Award for their paper Strategies for integrating supplier knowledge in innovation - internal knowledge absorption and joint knowledge accumulation, which they presented at the 13th International CINET conference on Continuous Innovation in Rome in September.
- The article Incubator best practice: a framework (Technovation, 2008) written by Anna Bergek and Charlotte Norrman has won one of the prestigious Emerald Management Reviews Citations of Excellence Awards for 2012. It has been chosen as one of the top 50 articles with proven impact since its publication date from the top 300 management journals in the world. More information.
Hans Meijers väg
Building A, entrance 17-19, 2nd floor (entrance floor), corridor A
Division of Project, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Department of Management and Engineering
SE-581 83 Linköping
Telephone & fax
Telephone: +46-13-28 10 00
Fax: +46-13-28 11 01
Telephone: 013-28 89 98
Head of division
Telephone: 013-28 25 25
Telephone: 013-28 15 68
Last updated: 2012-09-28