I have a PhD degree from 1983. My PhD thesis has the title “On Performance Optimization and Digital Control of Hydrostatic Drives for Vehicle Applications”.
- 1990 I was appointed as Associate Professor (Docent) in Fluid Power at Linkoping University.
- 1993 I was appointed as Professor in Fluid Power at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH, Stockholm) and
- 1999 as Professor in Fluid Power at Linkoping University.
Responsible for the following courses in our undergraduate program for the third and the fourth-year student at the school of mechanical engineering (M) and industrial economics (I):
- Fluid Power Systems / Fluidmekanisk systemteknik / TMHP02, 6 hp (M)
- Fluid Power / Hydraulik och Pneumatik / TMMI13, 6 hp (MI)
Advanced courses in Mechatronics and Fluid Power
- Mechatronics, TMMS04, 6 hp (M)
- Mechatronics, TMMS03, 6 hp (I)
- Hydraulic Servo Systems, TMHP51, 6 hp (M)
- Fluid Power Systems and Transmissions, TMMS10, 6 hp (M)
- Project Course - Mechanical Engineering Systems, TMPM01, 12 hp (M)
- Secretary of the Board, in the Foundation of Fluid System Technology - IFS in Sweden, since 1985.
- Member of the board in the Danish Mechatronic Association, Lyngby, Denmark.
- Reviewer for the “Journal of System and Control Engineering”, Suffolk, UK, and for the “International Journal of Fluid Power”, FPNI, Purdue University, USA.
Main Research Interests
My major research interest concerns hydrostatic transmissions for heavy vehicles and the possibilities to reduce the energy consumption in this type of systems. Efficiency models for hydrostatic machines, hydraulic accumulators and electro-hydraulic control are specific areas in my work. I have also been involved in research about water hydraulic systems. Another area of interest is pneumatic systems, especially from dynamic point of view.
Since 1995 I have been involved in the research group Robotics / Autonomous Mechanical Systems at Linkoping University. These projects have led me into the research area, Mechatronic System Design.
Div. of Fluid and mechatronic systems (Flumes)
Dept. of Management and Engineering (IEI)
SE-581 83 Linköping
+46 (0)13 28 11 87
+46 (0)13 13 04 14
Last updated: 2010-12-02