The business development concepts for knowledge-based companies contains the four following concepts:
- Entrepreneurship- and New Business Development programmes (often called the ENP-programme) for students and researchers in the university or knowledge-based companies who has ideas and intend to start a company.
- Development programmes for entrepreneurs where the main idea is to upgrade their business skills for companies which are established
- Mangement groups are intended for established companies where its content is focusing on one and the same strategic issue for all participating companies.
- Networking with the purpose to create networks for example different types of seminars, focus groups and business presentations.
Transfer to other regions
GrowKaluga – a project to support the Kaluga Regional Authorities to improve the performance of the incubator and the science park system in the region
The Governor of the Kaluga Region suggested to the university of Linköping that they should participate in a project to transfer the ”soft ware parts” of the ”Growlink” project to the Kaluga Region. In late 2003 the governor of Kaluga approached SIDA with a proposal to jointly finance a ”Grow Kaluga” project.
The overall objective is to assist the Russian Federation in its efforts to stimulate the creation of a cooperative structure of actors around the Incubators and Science Parks in Russia in order to suppot the creation of new technology based companies.
The project objectives are to assist in making the existing incubator and science park system in the Kaluga region a pattern for success in the regional industrial developments of Russia. This is to be acheived by adopting and transferring of the ”GrowLink” concept.
The project has different target groups:
One group representing the individuals that will be users of the ”Grow Kaluga” concept:
- Students and managers of embryo-companies from the region.
- Mentors to be used in the coaching of entrepreneurs.
Another target group will be the different individuals representing the network of the ”Grow Kaluga” concept.
- Representatives from the regional – and local governments.
- Representatives from the capital market sector.
- Future teachers and consultants working in the network ”GrowKaluga”.
- Representatives from higher education and science.
This is a three-year-project, starting in fall 2004 where the total project budget is based on shared financing between SIDA and the Regional Administration of Kaluga.
The major components of the project are:
- The Entrepreneuship- and New Business Development programme
- Mentoring Programmes
- Perform business plans for different Russian institutions expected to participate in the future ”GrowKaluga” network.
- Developing of traffic rules in the ”GrowKaluga” concept
Last updated: 2009-12-14